Study at the University that’s a part of Australia’s Group of Eight
Introduction to Monash University
- With the motto “I am still learning”, Monash University’s pursuit of knowledge and excellence has earned its place in the Group of Eight of Australia. As Melbourne’s top 5th university, Monash leads in teaching and research.
- As a young and ambitious university, they have made and are continuing to make their presence known to the world. Headquartered in Melbourne, they have even established their presence in the countries China, Italy, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, therefore, making them the largest university in Australia!
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner, begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.
The University’s Rankings
- For a university that is relatively young but has proved its expertise in academics, Monash has stands #6 under the Times Higher Education Golden Age University Rankings 2020
- Their contribution to invent new technologies, advance science and technology and contribute to building new markets and industries has led them to be ranked by Reuters as Australia’s #1 Most Innovative University in the Asia Pacific in 2019.
- A part of Australia’s elite Group of Eight universities leading globally in teaching and research.
- Their employable opportunities are plenty and valuable, thereby making them the 66th university in the world under the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020.
- As per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Monash University ranks #64 in the world.
- Monash stands tall as the top 55th university under QS World University Rankings 2020
- Five stars for staff qualifications, student engagement and learning resources – The Good Universities Guide 2020
Why study in Melbourne?
- Melbourne has been voted 2nd most liveable city for the sixth year in a row by the Economist's global liveable survey.
- It also has the highest score for stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
QS World University Rankings 2022 place six Victorian universities in the top 400 ranked universities in the world.
- It is also known as Australia's best visitor destination.
Their Campuses and Features
Monash is making their presence known in other countries as well, they have campuses in 11 locations including China, India, Italy, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Listed are the campuses in Australia.
- Clayton Campus: The largest of all the eight campuses, the Clayton campus is home to eight faculties. Every year, this campus educates around 30,000 students. This campus is also located 26kms east of Melbourne and offers a rich array of sporting, educational, and cultural activities.
- Caulfield Campus: Began in 1952, this campus was originally a Technical School and has now become the second largest campus. It consists of five faculties and offers a range of undergraduate/postgraduate and research programs.
- Peninsula Campus: With strong links to various industries, this campus specializes in providing the best practical experience. Here, they specialise in nursing, physiotherapy, paramedicine, occupational therapy, education and business administration courses.
- Parkville Campus: As Australia’s main health and biomedical precinct, they foster a supportive community between students and staff. Their recent redevelopment worth $50 million now includes new world-class laboratories and teaching space. This campus is just a short tram ride away from central Melbourne!
- Law Chambers: Located in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, this campus has a stunning environment for the University’s Law Masters and JD programs. It is also located within walking distance of the Magistrates, County and Supreme Courts.
- Monash Business School: Located in Melbourne’s Central Business District, their Business school is among the 1% of the world’s business schools to have triple accreditation. They also provide state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities.
With some courses ranked high globally, Monash has various courses to offer some of them which are listed below. Monash offers one of the largest ranges of degree and double degree courses in Australia so that students can match their studies to their interests, whatever they may be.
Life Sciences and Medicine
Engineering and Technology
Accounting and Law
Arts and Humanities