Is it possible to Study in the UK without IELTS? The answer is yes! Students from Nepal can study in the UK without IELTS.
Now, if you are thinking - "How? Where?", then keep reading to find out all about UK universities without IELTS.
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System is a language proficiency test used by universities to evaluate a candidate's English skills in areas such as reading, writing, listening and speaking. This 3-hour-long test is accepted in more than 140 countries around the world, apart from being the first choice for universities in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Eligibility to study in the UK without IELTS:
IELTS is not the only way UK universities determine the English proficiency skills of candidates applying from non-native English-speaking countries. A few universities ask for the following eligibility criteria to be satisfied to get admission without IELTS:
- Online interview: Interviews are not the standard protocol for admissions at UK universities. However, some universities use online interviews to evaluate the candidate's English proficiency.
- English score in high school: A minimum English language score of 70% in your 10th and 12th grades is required by a few UK universities for admission without IELTS.
- English Major: If you are an English major, then you do not need to sit for IELTS to get admission in the UK.
- Pre-sessional English course: Few universities offer a pre-sessional English course for international students coming from non-native English-speaking countries. In this case too, you can get admission without IELTS as a mandatory requirement.
Reasons to choose UK Universities:
- Degrees in the UK are well-recognized worldwide
- Multi-ethnic culture
- Historic universities
- Multiple scholarships for international students
- Free health care services
- Strong post-study career prospects
Top 5 UK universities to Study without IELTS:
1.University of Essex
One of the most culturally diverse universities in the UK, the University of Essex has made the admissions process a lot easier for students. One of the things they've done to make it easier is not having IELTS as a mandatory test for admission.
They run a pre-sessional English language course that enables international students to attain proficiency in English before the course starts.
2. London South Bank University
Awarded "Silver" under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework for its teaching excellence, London South Bank University accepts high school merits to evaluate candidates' English proficiency skills instead of IELTS. In addition, you can take a pre-sessional English class to ensure your language proficiency is adequate for the course.
3. University of Bristol
One of the most historic universities in England, the University of Bristol accepts students without IELTS for both its undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Students can enrol in a pre-sessional English programme to secure a spot in the university without IELTS.
4. Robert Gordon University
Students applying for engineering, architecture, or technology courses in the UK should definitely consider Robert Gordon University. It holds a very high reputation for its technology courses but also accepts students without IELTS.
What you require instead is enrolling into pre-sessional English classes, holding a bachelor's degree in English or presenting a high-school English score. For more information, check out the link here.
5. University of Warwick
Located on the outskirts of Coventry, the University of Warwick is known to be a top spot for international students, particularly popular among Nepalese students too. The pre-sessional courses run by the university enable students to get admission without IELTS.
But, wait a minute! Are you already a graduate wanting to pursue an MBA in the UK without IELTS?
Then let us assure you that it is certainly possible!
Study MBA in the UK without IELTS:
A number of universities in the UK offer admission without IELTS. These universities have a certain checklist, satisfying which you can get into them without IELTS. Let's look into the eligibility criteria for an MBA in the UK without IELTS:
- Candidates with English as their major undergraduate subject may be admitted to an MBA programme without taking IELTS.
- University Essays: A few universities may ask you to submit a university essay along with your application. This essay, supported by your high school English score, may enable you to get admission without IELTS in the UK.
- Profound work experience: A Master's in Business Administration is a business degree that prioritises work experience. So, students presenting work experience from a multinational company may be considered for admission without IELTS.
- Pre-sessional English class: Most universities in the UK offer a pre-sessional English class. International students can enrol in this class and apply to UK universities without IELTS.
How to Get a UK Study Visa Without IELTS?
If applicants present the immigration authorities with documentation from their university proving they qualify for the visa, they may be able to obtain a UK student visa
without taking the IELTS exam. The following is a list of the documents they need to provide to get a student visa.
- A letter of acceptance from a UK university (United Kingdom)
- A document from the university attesting that the applicant can apply for a UK study visa without having IELTS results.
- Without taking the IELTS exam, one can demonstrate their English language proficiency by passing the Secure English Language Test (SELT), which is required by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Scholarships in the UK without IELTS:
Now you know you can get admission into UK universities without IELTS. Let's talk about scholarships. Are there scholarships for international students without IELTS?
The answer is yes!
The UK government now offers scholarships to international students without IELTS. Check out the following fully-funded scholarships that are applicable to international students without IELTS:
|Commonwealth UK Scholarships
|| Full-time Master’s degree and PhD Programmes
|British Chevening Scholarships
|| Full-time Master’s degree/M.Phil programmes
|Gates Cambridge Scholarships
|| Masters and PhD programmes
|Bristol University Think Big Scholarships
||Bachelors and Masters degree programmes at Bristol university
||Masters or PhD degree programmes at Oxford university
Work in the UK without IELTS:
If you have scrolled so far and are looking for work options in the UK without IELTS, then we have an answer for you too!
These three conditions ensure that migrants moving to the UK can work without IELTS:
- Post-study work visa: If you have attained a graduate or postgraduate degree in the UK, then you can start working in the UK without IELTS.
- Intra-company transfer visa: If you are already working with a company and have a work project in the UK, then you can start working in the UK without IELTS.
- If you hold a Tier 2 dependent visa, then you can start working in the UK without any IELTS as well.
The United Kingdom brings exemplary educational and professional opportunities for Nepalese students. If you need any more assistance with your admissions, contact our education counsellors today!
Is it possible to study in the UK without IELTS?
Yes, a few universities in the UK are open to admission without IELTS on the condition you fulfill other alternative requirements such as proof of over 60% proficiency in English in Class XI and XII, an undergraduate degree in English, or a pre-sessional language course available for international students. Enter your text here ...
Can I work in the UK without IELTS?
Yes, under some visa categories, you may work in the UK without IELTS. It is best to check the specific visa requirements before applying for a work visa in the UK.
Is IELTS required for admission to a master's programme in the United Kingdom?
No, IELTS is not a mandatory requirement for master's programmes in the UK. A few universities may make exceptions and offer admission on the basis of an undergraduate degree in English or a pre-sessional language course available for international students.
Does the UK accept the study gap?
Yes, UK universities accept study gaps. In this case, students applying with a study gap can present the reason for taking a gap year.Enter your text here ...