Scholarships are one of the best ways to save money when you decide to Study abroad. There are several scholarships hosted by the government, universities, and other private institutions that are fully and partially funded. One of these popular scholarships is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
Do you know the eligibility criteria to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Nepal? Do you know how to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
If you are in search of answers to questions like these and other similar ones, you can read the blog further. We have included all details pertaining to the scholarship, including the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship opening date, requirements, etc.
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship hosted by the European Commission. It is open to students from all over the world and is one of the most prestigious scholarships in Europe. If you are planning to study at a European university, you can definitely consider applying for this scholarship. The scholarship will be open to students who study in three to four European countries and will also get a chance to do an internship during their studies.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship amounts to EUR 1400 per month. It covers your travel expenses, including your airfare for travelling to Europe. The travel allowance is offered to those students who will be required to travel as part of their course. You may also be granted a work visa after the completion of your studies, where you will be able to choose the country you want.
Duration of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
You will receive the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship throughout your Master’s study program. If you are planning to study abroad in 2024, you will have to apply for the scholarship early. The scholarship application portal may be open for around three months so that you get enough time to apply. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship opening date for 2024 is October 1, 2023, and the portal may be open till 26 January 2024. It is always better to apply well before the deadline so that you can make the necessary changes or edit if need be.
Why Should you Consider an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is one of the prominent scholarships you can apply for. A few benefits of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for Nepalese students are listed below.
- Tuition fee coverage.
- You will get around EUR 48,000 for the two-year Master’s study program.
- Living allowance of EUR 1000 for two years.
- An initial amount of EUR 2000 before the commencement of the study program for visa and travel expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
You will be required to satisfy a few criteria in order to be eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. We have listed the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship requirements below for your easy reference. However, it is always a good idea to refer to the official website to get updated information.
- A good English proficiency test score. You can attempt IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Duolingo.
- You should have completed 16 years of education.
- A letter of Motivation within 800 words.
- A Residency Certificate.
- All academic transcripts.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A research project or study plan.
- You should not have stayed for more than 12 months over the last 5 years in any eligible European country at the time of application submission.
- You should not have received any similar scholarship under the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project.
Programs Available for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is open to Master’s students of all disciplines. However, you should ensure that the university you are applying to is included in the list of universities that offer the scholarship.
Documents Required for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
You are required to submit a few documents when applying for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. These are listed below. It is also important to refer to the official website to get the most up-to-date information on the documents to be submitted.
- All academic documents.
- English proficiency test scorecard.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Program and country-specific documents, if required.
- Letter of Motivation.
- A copy of passport.
- Duly filled out application form.
- Proof of Residence.
- Updated CV/Resume.
Minimum GPA Required for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. The selection process for the scholarship is pretty lenient, and you have a good chance of getting selected if you satisfy all the requirements. Students who received a CGPA from 2.5 to 3.0 have also qualified for the scholarship.
What IELTS Score Required for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
Though there is no minimum IELTS score requirement to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, it is always good to have a higher score. This will not only help you get selected for the scholarship but will also help in university and visa applications. It is a good idea to score at least 6.0 on the IELTS.
How to Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
You have to follow a few steps to apply for the scholarship. If you want to know how to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, you can follow the steps described below.
- Visit the official website of Erasmus+.
- Click on “Opportunities”, then “Opportunities for Individuals”, then “Opportunities for Students”, and finally “Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees”.
- You can then visit the program catalogue and select the course.
- You should send the application directly to the course coordinator.
How are Applications Assessed?
The applications for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship are assessed on the basis of two grounds. Your eligibility will be assessed based on the following criteria.
Tips to Increase Your Chances of Getting a Scholarship
There is pretty high competition for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. As such, you have to ensure that your application stands out from the crowd. For that, we have included a few tips that will help you increase your chances of getting the scholarship.
- Submit an error-free application.
- Ensure that you satisfy all the requirements.
- Perform well in the interview.
- Have a high academic record.
- Secure a good English proficiency test score.
- Submit an impressive scholarship essay or cover letter.
We hope that you have gathered all the relevant information related to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. If you have any further questions or doubts, you can contact AECC. We have expert counsellors who can help you throughout the entire process related to your study abroad journey. Do not hesitate to contact us for FREE assistance!