Top 5 Best Countries to Study and Work abroad for International Students
Are you a student from Nepal with dreams of studying and working abroad, but just can’t decide on the country? Want an in depth insight on the specifics of top study destinations? Be it the unique academic approach to student lifestyle.This blog will guide you through the top 5 countries to study and work in 2023.
Whether it's engineering, business, or the arts that interest you the most, we'll provide insights into visa policies, language requirements, and cultural differences to ensure a successful transition. So grab a cup of tea and browse through our list of the best countries to study and work in 2023.
To answer your query of which country is best for study and work, the following are the five best countries to study and work in 2022 to shape your career meticulously!
Which country is best to study and work for Nepali students?
- New Zealand
Why Australia is one of the best countries to study and work?
11 of Australia’s institutions were in the top 200 of the 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, with the University of Melbourne coming in at number 33 internationally. Australia also has 5 institutions in the top 50 of the QS World University Rankings 2022, with the Australian National University coming in at number 27 worldwide. 6 Australian universities made the top 50 in the 2022 U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global Universities Rankings, with the University of Melbourne coming in at number 27 worldwide.
Most Australian universities offer standard career-focused courses like Accountancy, Architecture, Computer Science and Information Technology, Psychology, Business, Medicine and Engineering. While studying in Australia, students can take up part-time job opportunities with a minimum wage of $18.23 per hour (working both on-campus and off-campus during the period of their full-time study).
Quick Read:Benefits of Studying in Australia for Nepalese Students
The country is certainly a popular choice for Nepali students seeking quality higher education due to the following reasons:
1. Varied choice of courses: Whether it's a fantastic MBA or a nursing programme, Australia offers a high-quality, internationally recognised education. Additionally, it provides outstanding practical education programmes that are cost-effective, offering a high-growth professional career alternative.
Here’s where you can find everything you need to know about VET courses in Australia.
2. Easy post-work visa rules: Australia's points-based immigration policy makes it simpler for qualified foreign students to remain and find employment there after completing their education. Nepali students can easily obtain permanent residency while working in Australia for two to four years.
3. Scholarships:Students from Nepal who want to study in Australia can apply for a number of scholarships. The following scholarships are available to students from Nepal: university scholarships, International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), Australia grants scholarships, and Endeavour scholarships and fellowships.
4. Part-time work hours:Nepali students can take advantage of working 20 hours per week during the school year and as many hours as they want during the semester breaks for the incredible monetary benefit of AUD 21.96 per hour. Isn't that wonderful?
|S.no||Top Courses to study in Australia||Average salary/annum|
|1||Healthcare and Medical||$50,000- $300,00|
|4||Banking and Finance||$50,000- $100,000|
|5||Rail and Maritime Transport||$60,000- $100,000|
|8||Marketing and Communication||$50,000- $80,000|
When you consider studying the above courses in Australia, it is evidently the best country to study and work for Nepali students.Contact us, to study in Australia.
Quick Read:7 Best Courses to Study in Australia
Related blogs about Australia
|Cost of Studying in Australia||Loan Options to Study in Australia|
|Benefits of becoming PR||Accommodation in Australia|
Why New Zealand is one of the best countries to study and work?
Did you know? New Zealand is a member of the prestigious Lisbon Recognition Convention! This means their diplomas, certificates, and degrees are recognised by over 40+ countries including the US, the UK, Germany, France, and Italy. Since the New Zealand education system is governed and regulated by the Government, a large number of employers worldwide lookout for students graduating in New Zealand to hire in their organisations.
A few of the highly career-focused soft-skills trained in New Zealand Institutions are creative thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, decision-making and leadership. These skills help students thrive in a fast-paced and competitive job market. Students studying in New Zealand also gain quality English language skills that would help them cope with a multicultural work environment.
Quick Read:Top Reasons to Study in NewZealand
|S.no||Top Courses to study in New Zealand||Average salary/annum (NZD)|
When you consider studying the above courses in New Zealand, it is evidently the best country to study and work for Nepali students.Contact us, to study in New Zealand.
Why Canada is one of the best countries to study and work?
If you have been surfing a lot about studying in Canada, you must be aware that higher education choices in Canada are diverse and plentiful. In Canada, you have classic higher study choices like Engineering, Medicine, Business Management and there are also rare and exciting courses like Eastern medicine, Theology and Performing Arts. Based on your interest, you could pick a program that would provide an enriching learning experience and a rewarding career in Canada.
By completing 2 years of studies or more at a higher education level, all international students are eligible to stay there and apply for a 3-year post-study work visa upon graduation. This eventually means you will have the opportunity to seek full-time employment and to experience what it is like to be working full time in Canada. This is one of the primary reasons for Canada is one of the best countries to study abroad for Nepalese students.
26 Canadian universities made it to the top 200 in the 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, with the University of Toronto placing 18th overall. Apart from this, 4 Canadian universities made it to the top 50 in the 2022 QS World University Rankings, and 5 Canadian universities made it to the top 50 in the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings.
Students from Nepal are flocking to study in the amazing nation of Canada for a multitude of reasons. Here are some of them:
1. High-quality education: Canada is renowned for its high-quality education, and the world constantly ranks its universities among the finest. Canadian degrees are highly regarded by businesses and are accepted worldwide.
2. Immigration options: Canada welcomes international students and provides a variety of immigration routes for those who want to remain and work there after completing their studies.
3. Secure and inviting environment: The population of Canada is diverse with a massive South Asian population, making it a friendly and warm environment for Nepali students. You can easily acclimatise to life in Canada and feel at home in the country's diverse environment.
4. Opportunities for part-time employment: Nepali students who are studying in Canada can also perform part-time jobs to supplement their income and help them obtain real-world experience.
Interested to know more about student life in Canada? Read our blog!
|S.no||Top Courses to study in Canada||Average Annual Salary (in CAD)|
|1||Aircraft Engineering||Over 200,000|
|2||Executive Management & Change||Over 100,000|
|3||Financial Services||Over 120,000|
|4||Legal Department||Over 100,000|
|5||Legal & Paralegal||Over 100,000|
|6||Finance Control & Strategy||Over 95,000|
When you consider studying the above courses in Canada, it is evidently the best country to study and work for Nepali students. Contact us, to study in Canada.
Related blogs about Canada
|Canada PR Points||Pathway to Study and Work in Canada|
|Top Universities in Canada||Highest paying Jobs in Canada|
Why USA is one of the best countries to study and work?
When you study in the US, you are given the opportunity to broaden your views on core skills and pave the way to becoming one of the top contenders in fortune 500 organisations. Whether you choose a university or an institution in the US, various student clubs are situated within the campus to support and encourage international students’ interests.
Working part time in the US will help equip you for the workforce. Besides, when you study in the US, you get an opportunity to work part time in the research centres that will pave the way for a full time job upon graduation. Such benefits put US in 5 best countries to study and work in 2022.
And Owing to its leading educational system, first-rate research facilities, and wide range of academic programmes, the United States is an attractive study abroad option for Nepali students. These are the top reasons why Nepali pupils should think about attending college in the US:
1. World-best colleges: USA has been a top-player when it comes to the top ranking of universities all around the world. As per the 2022 QS world-ranking, 6 American universities were ranked in the top 10 including Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Harvard University, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), University of Chicago, and Princeton University.
2. Wide range of programmes: Nepali students have plenty of potential opportunities for higher education in the United States, with universities providing an extensive selection of courses in disciplines such as engineering, business, social sciences and medicine. Depending on one's interests and ambitions, MS in the USAis a highly career-advancing option for international students.
3. Research opportunities: If you are interested in pursuing research, then the USA should be on your list. Universities in the USA are heavily invested in research with plenty of funding opportunities for research based development.
4. Scholarships: It is no secret that education in the United States can be costly. The good news is, there are a number of scholarship opportunities available specifically for international students from Nepal and other South Asian countries. This blog (Top Scholarships in the USA for International Students)provides an in-depth look at how you can take advantage of these scholarships and further your education in the US.
Alternatively, if you are targeting affordable options to study in the USA, we have covered that as well in this blog.
|S.no||Top Courses to study in the US||Average Annual Salary (in USD)|
|2||Operations Management||Over 100,030|
|3||Advertising and Marketing||Over 140,000|
|4||Public Relations||Over 130,000|
|5||Computer and Information Systems||Over 150,000|
|6||Medical and Health Services||Over 100,000|
|7||Architecture and Engineering||Over 150,000|
When you consider studying the above courses in USA, it is evidently the best country to study and work for Nepali students. Contact us, to study in USA.
Why UK one of the best countries to study and work?
Steeped in a culture of academic excellence, the UK prides itself for its world-renowned universities and educational offerings. Boasting a robust economy, countless multinational entities have set up shop in the UK, ensuring countless employment opportunities for graduates.
If you plan to pursue a master’s course in the UK, then here is the good news to your ears! Most master’s degrees in the UK have a duration of one year, allowing you to get into the workforce in a short span (compared to many countries). Also, there is a wide range of courses to choose from including Postgraduate certificates and diploma (PG Cert/PG Dip) and Taught Masters.
With the 2 years post-study work rights coming into effect, international students completing a program at the undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctorate level will be allowed to apply for the Graduate immigration route with a valid Tier 4 Visa. This is why the UK is on the list of the best countries to study and work in 2022 for Nepalese students.
On successfully meeting the eligibility criteria, all international students are accepted for the Graduate immigration route and can avail of up to 2 years of non-extendable leave. Over time, they will be allowed to work or lookout for work on a specific skill set. Graduates are also entitled to swap their career to skilled work, as soon as finding a job that best fits them.
Here are some reasons why UK universities are a must-opt for Nepalese students:
1. Short-duration courses: The UK offers undergraduate programmes that are only three years long, in contrast to other nations that mandate four years of education. Students who desire to save time and money may find this to be a huge advantage.
2. Multicultural society: British society is a melting pot of various cultures and ethnicities because it is a prominent global hub. This makes it possible for it to have a lively environment that welcomes international students who want to pursue their education. It gives students in Britain the chance to learn about other cultures and build ties with individuals from all around the world.
Related blogs about UK
|S.no||Top Courses to study in the UK||Average Annual Salary|
|1||Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineering||£92,330|
|2||Marketing and Sales||£80,759|
Why Germany one of the best countries to study and work?
For Nepali students seeking a top-notch education and exposure to a diverse culture, Germany is yet another great study abroad option. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Education without tuition: Both local and foreign students are eligible for tuition-free study at numerous public universities in Germany. This implies that Nepali students won't have to take on a lot of debt in order to receive a top-notch education.
2. High-quality education: The academic standards and demanding curricula at German institutions are well-known. They provide a wide variety of programmes in many different disciplines, including engineering, the natural sciences, business, and the humanities.
2. English-taught programmes: Numerous German institutions offer courses taught in English, making it simpler for Nepali students who don’t speak German to enrol.
2. Jobs: Because Germany has a robust economy and is home to numerous multinational corporations, international students have the chance to get employment and gain significant job experience after completing their education.Know more about Study in Germany
It has never been simpler to explore the world through educational possibilities. International students are increasingly welcome in many countries, giving them the chance to learn vital information and experience another culture. But, choosing the best location for you can be challenging, given the abundance of options. We encourage everyone thinking about studying abroad to go to our Global Education Fair to make the process easier.
1. Which is the most affordable yet top-notch country to study and work in?
When exploring various options for studying abroad, Canada stands out as a competitive choice due to its cost-friendly tuition fees. Compared to many of its counterparts, Canada provides higher education at a lower price point which makes this nation particularly appealing.
Which country is best for Nepali students?
Depending on personal preferences, academic objectives, financial circumstances, and other criteria, different countries are better for Nepali students to study abroad. But when it comes to studying overseas, Nepali students favour Australia and Canada.
Which country offers better job opportunities?
Employment chances differ depending on the individual, the industry, and post-study employment options for overseas students. The top two countries for Nepali students looking for employment after completing their higher education are Australia and Canada.Contact Us